How it works:
- All first claim members will be able to participate (please let us know if you would like to opt out).
- Divisions will be created for both males and females: these will be decided through the age grading from parkrun - make sure your parkrun profile has your club set to Marple Runners.
- If you didn't complete a parkrun in 2019, then you will be placed into the appropriate league based on your best race results over other distances.
- If that applies to you, send your best 2-3 race times and I'll work it out.
- If you have neither raced nor done a parkrun, you'll get placed into a league based on your results when you've completed a race from our list in 2020.
- We have put together a full race calendar with a variety of distances and styles; so there will be something for everyone.
- Whilst we hope to see you at lots of races, you don't need to do them all.
- Points are available at each race but it will only be your best 8 results that count towards the championship.
- There will be four divisions, two each for ladies and gents - points will be scored based on your age-graded results; to make it fairer on our more vintage members.
- Division details:
- If 2 members finish on level points the winner will be the 1 with the highest age grading over there 8 highest point scores or decreasing if only 7 events and so on.
- There will be promotion and relegation through the divisions. If you enter no club events then you will not be relegated. Only the 3 lowest scoring will be relegated.
- Prizes will be available in all four divisions.
- Your first chance to score some points in 2020 is at Lyme Park parkrun on New Year's Day, but it will be your fastest time from all January's Lyme Park parkruns that will count.
- We'll repeat this 'best time in series' at some other events. So, get out and run the races in red in the Club Calendar.
Terms and conditions apply you may get moved part way through the season if you've been economical with the truth on your previous best race times
Send questions/queries/complaints to me via email rather than on here so it makes sure I get them.